Homes for Sale in Phoenix Mountain Preserve
Phoenix is blessed with several local mountain ranges. Yes, we have more than deserts. Piestewa Peak, AKA Squaw Peak and North Mountain are two such peaks and if you live nearby you’d tell people you live in the Phoenix Mountain Preserve. The region is located on the north side of Piestewa Peak and moves up to Shea Blvd. The western boundary is North Mountain and the eastern boundary is 40th Street.
The Phoenix Mountain Preserve is known for its outdoor life. The nearby peaks over 17 miles of hiking, biking and horseback riding trails. It is also rich in sweet neighborhoods that residents simply rave about. The outdoor life is a big part of life in Arizona and living next to a trail rich environment rocks.
Let’s talk about the homes in the area. Most were built in the late 1970’s to 1990’s. A large percentage are the ranch style homes for which Phoenix is famous. However, there are some really unique areas too.
- Just north of Mountain View drive between 34th and 36th streets you’ll find a sweet enclave of mid-century style homes designed by renown architect Ralph Haver.
- A little bit to the east of the Haver homes is Paradise Foothills and Saguaro Heights. These two neighborhoods offer something very special… they are horse property neighborhoods. Why not live in the middle of town yet close to the trails so you can take a ride before or after work.
- If we move to the far west you’ll find North Mountain after which the local high school is named. You will also find a number of mountain side neighborhoods. You’ll find a number of custom homes and many with spectacular views. We’d suggest you check out Cinnebar Court, The Preserfve, Summer Shawows and Ten cliffs.
- One other neighborhood we’d like to point out is Heritage Heights. You’ll find this area near the mountain on the west side of 32nd street. Heritage Heights is known for it’s finly crafted rach style homes and a strong sense of community with its own community pools, tennis courts and very popular Memorial Day weekend long party.
At the top of the page you’ll find tabs that give you more Desert Ridge area information including:
- The LifeStyle Home Search Tool… lets you add in things like proximity to a specific school, church or even StarBucks.
- Area Info including schools, jobs, demographics and much more.
- NEW ITEM: You can now see homes recently sold in the area.
If you have questions or need expert real estate help, just give us a call at 602-234-5777 or email Ron@UrbanTeamAZ.com. We’d be delighted to help you.